Online First »
Phoenix—Patients with chronic lower back pain who received extended-release, once-daily, single-entity hydrocodone tablets had significantly superior and clinically meaningful reductions in pain compared with a placebo group, according to a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
Online Exclusive »
Cerner Corp and Athenahealth Inc have announced they are working with Apple Inc to develop applications that leverage Apple's mobile health service HealthKit. Cerner and Athenahealth are 2 of the largest electronic health (EHR) record providers in the United States.
Cerner and Athenahealth representatives said they are building integrations with HealthKit and working with Apple. Previously, Apple announced a partnership with rival EHR company Epic Systems.
Cover Story »
San Francisco—In November 2013, the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Heart Association (AHA) released new guidelines for treatment with lipids and recommended the use of statins for millions of more adults, including most patients with type 2 diabetes. This was the first update since the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) released its most recent Adult Treatment Panel guidelines in 2001, which were modified in 2004.
- Improving Men’s Health, Quality of Life, and Cost Outcomes: Evolving Treatment Strategies for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Building Better COPD Management Programs: Incorporating HEDIS Measures and Clinical Data
- Assessing the Cost/Benefit of Oral MS Therapies on Patient Health and Resource Utilization
- Incorporating HEDIS Measures and Newer Therapies to Improve COPD Treatment Adherence and Outcomes
- Translating Guidelines and Evidence on Newer Anticoagulants to Improved Clinical and Cost Outcomes in AF-Related Stroke
- Opportunities to Reduce the Clinical and Economic Burden of Hyponatremia: Clinical and Pharmacoeconomic Guidance for Managed Care