Online First »
President Barack Obama is expected to release a plan on Tuesday regarding how the United States will increase involvement in the fight against the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The plan would involve a greater involvement of the US military in tackling the worst recorded outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus.
The United States has already committed approximately $100 million to combat the outbreak by providing protective equipment for healthcare workers, food, water, and medical and hygiene equipment.
Online Exclusive »
Recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed 97 cases of enterovirus-D68 (EV-D68) in Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, and Missouri. Just days prior, the count stood at 30 cases in Missouri and Illinois. The previously rare virus has not resulted in any deaths. According to the CDC, this “Midwest” disease could be headed East, West, and South, potentially affecting more individuals.
Cover Story »
San Francisco—In November 2013, the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Heart Association (AHA) released new guidelines for treatment with lipids and recommended the use of statins for millions of more adults, including most patients with type 2 diabetes. This was the first update since the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) released its most recent Adult Treatment Panel guidelines in 2001, which were modified in 2004.
- Improving Men’s Health, Quality of Life, and Cost Outcomes: Evolving Treatment Strategies for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Building Better COPD Management Programs: Incorporating HEDIS Measures and Clinical Data
- Assessing the Cost/Benefit of Oral MS Therapies on Patient Health and Resource Utilization
- Incorporating HEDIS Measures and Newer Therapies to Improve COPD Treatment Adherence and Outcomes
- Translating Guidelines and Evidence on Newer Anticoagulants to Improved Clinical and Cost Outcomes in AF-Related Stroke
- Opportunities to Reduce the Clinical and Economic Burden of Hyponatremia: Clinical and Pharmacoeconomic Guidance for Managed Care