Online First »
The FDA has approved the combination dapagliflozin and metformin oral once-daily tablet for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is the first combination of metformin and a sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 for the treatment of diabetes. Dapagliflozin/metformin is manufactured by AstraZeneca.—Kerri Fitzgerald
Online Exclusive »
(Reuters Health) - More than half the dermatologists in Medicare Advantage plan directories were either dead, retired, not accepting new patients or specialized only in specific conditions, researchers found when they tried making appointments.
Inaccurate directories of doctors covered by an insurance plan may lead to people having very few options and to the U.S. government approving plans that don’t meet standards regarding provider availability, the study team writes in JAMA Dermatology.
Cover Story; American Academy of Pain Management »
Phoenix—As a clinical pharmacy specialist at the Stratton Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Albany, New York, Jeffrey Fudin, PharmD, is prohibited from prescribing or dispensing marijuana. He is a federal government employee and must abide by US law that makes marijuana illegal.
- Improving Men’s Health, Quality of Life, and Cost Outcomes: Evolving Treatment Strategies for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Building Better COPD Management Programs: Incorporating HEDIS Measures and Clinical Data
- Assessing the Cost/Benefit of Oral MS Therapies on Patient Health and Resource Utilization
- Incorporating HEDIS Measures and Newer Therapies to Improve COPD Treatment Adherence and Outcomes
- Translating Guidelines and Evidence on Newer Anticoagulants to Improved Clinical and Cost Outcomes in AF-Related Stroke
- Opportunities to Reduce the Clinical and Economic Burden of Hyponatremia: Clinical and Pharmacoeconomic Guidance for Managed Care